Don't want to refurbish it yourself? Let us do it for you. Whether you're buying from us or just have a screen you need done, we can do it. Please note that refurbishment will not make a vintage part new. Most parts are 30 to 60 years old and have the wear 'n' tear to prove it. You can also see some photo examples below.
What we do:
- Clean the nooks & crannies
- Paint the frame in silver or white
- Replace screen mesh and spline
- Replace pile weatherstripping
- Attempt to straighten basic bends in metal if needed
- Ships in approximately 2 weeks
What we don't do:
- Remove very deep scratches, dings, scuffs, etc.
- Polish the frame.
- Straighten metal/fabricate
- Add or replace hardware that was not included as specified in the item description
- Buff to a mirror/showroom finish
- Offer expedited shipping
If you're buying from us
We can refurbish it before we send it out. Here's how it works:
- Locate the item you wish to purchase
- If its available, select the "Refurbished" option in the drop down
- Before we send it out, we will all fo the steps at the top of the page, keeping you apprised to avoid any surprise.
- Part will be packed using foam, bubble wrap, wrapped in cardboard, and in sent in a heavy duty box.
If you're sending yours in
- Contact us here first
Here are some samples