Airstream Window and Screen Refurbishing
Don't want to refurbish it yourself? Let us do it for you. Whether you're buying from us or have a window you need done, we can do it. Please note that window refurbishment will not make a vintage window new. Most windows are 30 to 60 years old and have the wear 'n' tear to prove it. You can also see some photo examples below.
What we do:
- Clean the nooks & crannies
- If the window has has straight panes, we will replace with tempered glass. (we do not replace glass in wing, vista view, side curved, or any window with a curve to it)
- Finish sand/grind/buff corrosion from non-aluminum metal components
- Replace/repair old glazings on glass & sash
- Replace gaskets, spline, & weatherstripping where applicable
- Attempt to straighten basic bends in metal if needed
- Clean & polish glass or replace screens when applicable
- Ships in 2-3 weeks
What we don't do:
- Remove deep scratches, dings, scuffs, etc.
- Polish the aluminum
- Straighten metal/fabricate beyond basic function
- Add or replace hardware that was not included as specified in the item description
- Buff to a mirror/showroom finish
- Repair plastic window guides or other plastic hardware
- Offer expedited shipping
If you're buying from us
We can refurbish it before we send it out. Here's how it works:
- Locate the item you wish to purchase
- If its available, select the "Refurbished" option in the drop down
- Before we send it out, we will all fo the steps at the top of the page, keeping you apprised to avoid any surprise.
- Part will be packed using foam, bubble wrap, wrapped in cardboard, and in sent in a heavy duty box.
If you're sending yours in
- Contact us here first
Here are some samples