This item is pre-owned.
This rare vintage C22 preamp is good functioning condition with all inputs/outputs and knobs working. It was last serviced in 2017 where it received new tubes, a new power cord, the power transformer was rewired, controls and switches were cleaned. Some of the case screws were replaced as well. The receipt detailing the work done will be included with the preamp. See the video below.
Cosmetically speaking, the glass on the front has some cracking on the inside as well as some paint chipping as shown. There are an average amount of scratches to be expected with a unit of this age but nothing else remarkable. See the video below.
Details & Specs
This information is to be used for reference only. Accessories or warranties mentioned may not apply to this listing. Please check the accessories section and photos to see everything that comes with this item.
- Response 20-20kHz (+0.5 -0.5dB).
- Distortion 0.02%.
- Noise and hum -85dB high level.
- Output rated 2.5v, 10v max.
- Input sensitivity and impedance: aux 0.25V at 250k, phono 2mV at 47k.
- Center channel out (L+R) 1.0v with control.
- Individual tone controls: bass and treble +20dB to -20dB.
- Rumble filter 50Hz at 12dB/octave.
- HF filter 5kHz at 12dB/octave.
- Low frequency trim controls 6dB of boost below 100Hz.
- Voltage gain 20dB aux, 62dB phono.
- Glass panel at top, anodized gold at bottom
- Input selector with indicator lights: aux, tape, tuner 2, tuner 1, phono 1, phono 2, mic and tape hd.
- Mode selector with indicator lights: L to L+R, R to L+R, stereo rev, stereo, mono (L+R), L+R to L and L+R to R.
- Volume, Bass controls: left and right,
- Treble controls: left and right.
- Tape jacks: left and right.
- Tape jacks switch: record and playback.
- Rocker switches: comp: RIAA or LP, tape: normal or monitor, power: on or off, rumble: flat or filter, hf: flat or filter, loudness: normal or compensated.
L+R level, Left level, Right level, Low frequency trim: L and R. Tape equalization: L and R with NAB mark. Phase switch: left channel speaker reverse(180) or normal (0). Pilot lamp intensity: dim or bright.
Outputs: L+R, main, tape. High level inputs: tape monitor, aux, tape, tuner 1, tuner 2. Low level inputs: phono 1 phono 2, mic and tape hd. Ground binding
post. AC outlets: 4 switched, 1 unswitched. Fuse, Panloc mounting.
6-12AX7. Solid state rectifier bridge.
5-7/16"H, 16"W and 13"D behind panel.
Sold from 1963-1968. Last retail price $279.00