Don't want to refurbish those old Airstream windows yourself? Let us do it for you. Whether you're buying from us or just have a window you need done, we can do it. Please note that refurbishment will not make a vintage part new. Most parts are 30 to 60 years old and have the wear 'n' tear to prove it.
What we do:
- Clean the nooks & crannies
- Clean the glass
- Replace window spacers
- Replace weatherstripping
- Replace glazing with vinyl if available or with Sikaflex or similar product
- Remove etc rivets left on the frame
- Replace any corroded steel hardware
- Attempt to straighten basic bends in metal if needed
- Ships in approximately 2 weeks to 3 months depending on our workload, amount of windows, and window requirements.
What we don't do:
- Remove very deep scratches, dings, scuffs, etc.
- Straighten metal/fabricate
- Add or replace hardware that was not included with the original item.
- Repair or replace any damaged or missing strike plates, window arm adjusters, latches, pulls, gutters, plastic adjustment holders, etc.
- Replace any damaged or missing hinges, strike plates, adjustment arms, etc.
- Buff to a mirror/showroom finish
- Arrange & pay for shipping to or from us
- Offer an expedited turnaround for the work
If you're buying a window from us
We can refurbish it before we send it out. Here's how it works:
- Locate the item you wish to purchase & add to your cart.
- Search for the refurbishment service that fits the window you are purchasing (ie choose vista view double pane refurbishment service for the same window)
- When we get the item, we will verify condition and quantity with photos and video, and let you know.
- Before we send it out, we will the steps at the top of the page, keeping you apprised to avoid any surprises.
- Part will be packed using foam, bubble wrap, wrapped in cardboard, and in sent in a heavy duty box.
If you're sending your window(s) in for refurbishment